Monday 19 September 2011

Graduate Success: Grant Meek

An update from Grant Meek

"In 2005 I graduated from the University of Wolverhampton graphic Communication course. I decided to take the freelance route and mainly worked on promotional material for Bars and Restaurants. During that time I also volunteered as a lecturers assistant at the university until end of 2005. 



I then moved on small design consultancy in Shrewsbury called Stylus as their web designer. During my term at Stylus I got to work on projects for Aldi, Alcoa and BMW.

By 2008 I was lead designer for software house Crystal, based in Bromsgrove. While I was there I got to spruce up and modernise the user interface for their financial applications. Crystals clients included Legal & General, Halifax and Nationwide.

In 2009 2 friends and I left our day jobs to form our own company; through time it has merged with another company, had a name change and grown from 4 to 10 people.

Today, I'm creative partner at Myria which is a software solutions provider and development agency. We build online and offline applications for Desktop, Web and Mobile. Our clients include, OCIMF, BP Shipping, South Staffs Water PLC, Homeserve, NHS Warwick and NHS Coventry 


We have also developed a number of our own software products. Our current one being GP Fusion, which is a website solution targeted at GP surgeries.

Our team encompasses developers, database administrators, business analysts, project managers, quality assurance and a creative department. We draw from extensive experience across a number of markets including Healthcare, Finance, Shipping, Information Technology and Utilities.

My role covers all things design related, such as our company identity and the design of the UI and user experience of our applications.

In my spare time I enjoy experimenting by combining programming, mathematics and design to create random generative artwork. 


My time on the Graphic Communication course was life changing, it reinforced my design and communication skills. The support and encouragement I had from lecturers on the course was phenomenal; without the advice and patience of the people on my course; I would not be where I am today."

No comments:

Post a Comment