Wednesday 16 November 2011

Marie Therese Shortt - graduate Success

After graduating from the University of Wolverhampton with a BA(Hons) in Graphic Communication in 2004, I moved to Holland for two years to pursue a Master degree in Humanitarian & sustainability design at the Design Academy Eindhoven. A year later I returned to the UK to Coventry University to complete my MA in Media Arts. During that year I set up a design studio, ‘Unlearn Grafics’, in Norway together with my partner Joana. After my studies I also went travelling around the world for a year, and continued to work as a freelance graphic designer while travelling.

Since 2008 Unlearn Grafics has continued to blossom and we have been working on a great range of projects, from web design, wall art, graphic design and illustration to animation, as well as teaching web and graphics courses. We have kept our company small and the learning process never stops as we rarely say no to new types of projects, no matter how challenging. This enables us to keep in tune with new technological and creative developments and continuously develop our design skills.

At the moment I continue to work freelance for Unlearn Grafics and under my personal company name Shortt Design, and I have just returned to the UK to pursue a PhD at the University for the Creative Arts. It is exciting and quite challenging already. My project is on mediating cross-cultural differences in human behaviour, through documenting and visualising greeting rituals in multicultural cities.

To see further example of my work please visit
http://unlearn-grafics.com and http://shorttdesign.com


No comments:

Post a Comment