Friday 2 December 2011

Paul Power - Graduate Success

While studying Graphic Communication at the University of Wolverhampton, I participated in the Speed Programme which led me to set up my own design agency -  Deadly Graphics. This experience gave me a great deal of confidence both in designing and in working with clients. 

Being self employed was extremely hard but the experience I gained was unbelievable. I got to work with small start up companies and larger organisations such as NHS, Amtico International, Save the Children, and Polydor Records. 

Subsequently, I decided to apply for and was accepted for a graphic design position at Brintons. I had no idea how big the company was until I joined! The company is one of the largest Axminster carpet suppliers in the world and my role within the company quickly grew and I eventually became the Global Graphic Designer and worldwide Brand Coordinator. 

I have been lucky enough to work on some amazing projects that ranged through brand advertising, iPad app development, product launches, POS and developing corporate design guidelines. I also had the opportunity to design for brand collections such as those for Laura Ashley, Stacy Garcia, Timorous Beasties and Laurence Llewelyn Bowen. 

After working with Brintons for just over a year, I am now moving on and looking forward to new challenges. I will be returning to a more conventional design agency environment in January, when I start working for Connect Group, based in Wolverhampton.

No comments:

Post a Comment