Thursday 12 October 2017

Bonnie Schiemann - MA Show





“I can’t explain myself because I’m not myself, you see?” – Lewis Carroll

Everyone carries within themselves the eternal image of the opposite gender, a definite feminine or masculine image. For a woman, the average risk exuding from the oblivious originates from above, from the otherworldly circle represented by the animus, the masculine part of a woman's personality.

For a man it originates from the subterranean domain of the world and woman, the anima anticipated on to the world.

My MA project is exploring this in the designation of Pagdoonism, a word creation of Paganism and Voodoo. It is an umbrella term in which I explore elements of Paganism, traditional Witchcraft and Voodoo, thus correlating to diverse spiritual and religious paths. The puppet refers to different occult aspects of Paganism and Voodoo, in which I represent a separate being, the animus of myself. It constitutes a vessel for this unknown being that lies within all of us, whilst the related music video tells the story of the puppet and how it came to be – how it’s a part of me and how it connects to the religions. This shall unveil a bit of the mystic behind it, taking away fear and wrong depictions and showing that there is actually more than meets the eye.

Contact Email: bc.schiemann@web.de
Website: cerricrimson.wixsite.com/crimsoncrafts

Find out more about the 2017 MA show at https://www.wlv.ac.uk/mashow/

1 comment:

  1. I was very impressed by your Sketchbooks and the finished Video. Please to keep up your good work!

    ReplyDelete